Monday, May 7, 2007

Golden Week

...yes, I was out traveling again! :)

I know it seems like it has been all I've been doing since I arrived China but everything happens for a reason. This time the reason was the May Golden Week! God Bless that!!! :)

In order to celebrate the workers' day all Chinese have 3 days off - actually this trip showed me that most Chinese don't have vacation, but it looks like everyone do because there are so many of them! These 3 days become 5 working days because everyone works the weekend before the holiday. In the end, and counting the weekend after there are 7 nice vacation days!

The final result is many millions of curious and adventurous Chinese traveling inside the country and abroad. Well; in China, be Chinese - only to a certain extend :) - so me and my friends João Alves, Rui Bom and Nuno Pereira decided to go to Yunnan, one of the most exquisite provinces in China.

Before the post about the trip here is a map that will certainly give you a hint about why we chose to go there! :)



1 comment:

Um_palhaço_triste said...

What a big "nut" this guy is... Hope you´ll return soon (though I know you do not want 2 come back... who would?!).

Huggs from the western part of europe (AKA tugalândia)

 
in Transition