Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The JLJ Group

I have now been in China for over a month and I haven't written a line about my job... I know, I know, a shame!

Well, I am working as a Consultant at a company called JLJ Group. Basically, the company provides solutions for companies interested in starting or developing a business in China. From market consulting, to corporate formation, human resources to tax & accounting. To sum up, everything a company might need here in China! :) (my boss will have to pay me for the free advertising, hehe).

JLJ welcomed me at the company's website! :)
http://www.jljgroup.com/index.php?id=45&lang=en#e26


The company is located in West Nanjing Rd., in the very center of Shanghai and just a nice 20 minute walk from my apartment. It has about 50 employees in the different divisions and we're about 8 in the consulting team. Everyone has been really friendly with me and I do have great colleagues. I know I have only been working there for about one month but I can already feel that I am learning a lot. Both Alessandro (my Boss and the Partner in charge of the consulting division) and Candice (Project Manager) have great experience in the industry so everything has been rewarding even if sometimes I feel really lost. Consulting is not an easy industry but I believe it will eventually pay-off all the hard work. I am currently working on a logistics project and it has been a great challenge. I've been placed in the "spotlight" and given a lot of responsibility. I surely wasn't expecting it but I think I'll be alright! :)

Three weeks ago, just before the Chinese New Year, we had JLJ's annual dinner in a very nice Japanese restaurant. Everyone was there and I had a lot of fun. Monica, our office manager prepared gift exchanges and fun games... I ended up playing Twister at the restaurant with Jonas - a Swedish guy from Umea (how amazing is that!?!?) who is charge of the tele-marketing division) - and two other Chinese colleagues. It is important to refer that there was some heavy saké drinking during the dinner. You're suppose to celebrate the new year with everyone and whenever someone says GAMBEI you have to take a shot of whatever u are drinking. We were "only" 50 there so take your conclusions!!


3 comments:

diogo rapazote said...

Gambei!!
Gambei!!
Gambei!!

temos que jogar este jogo!
Como se diz em Siciliano:
iocu poco ma iocu, nun rumpere le scatolle quandu iocu.

Beijo grande!
Gambei!

Psyche said...

pareces um homenzinho :) miss u*

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

 
in Transition